Terrified Biden Campaign Demands Huge Debate Rule Changes

Terrified Biden Campaign Demands Huge Debate Rule Changes

And they’re off!

President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump have agreed to debate one another, setting the stage for what could be one of the most mismatched presidential debates in history.

This surprising agreement was reached through an exchange on social media, marking the first one-on-one clash between the two political rivals since Biden's victory over Trump in the 2020 election, according to the New York Times.

However, Biden’s team imposed some conditions.

The agreement bypasses the nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates, which has organized these events since 1988.

Biden’s campaign chair, Jennifer O’Malley Dillon, informed the Commission in a letter that Biden would not participate in the three general election debates scheduled for Sept. 16, Oct. 1, and Oct. 9.

Instead, O’Malley Dillon stated that Biden will participate in debates hosted by news organizations.

Biden’s team proposed two debates: one on June 27 and another on Sept. 10.

The Biden campaign insisted on holding the events in a television studio, without a live audience, and with technological controls such as microphones that turn off when time expires to prevent interruptions and crosstalk.

Clearly, the Biden administration is attempting to curtail as much of Trump’s “showman” side and opting for a format with no live audience for in-person reactions.

However, Biden was all bravado when he posted his challenge to Trump on social media. “Donald Trump lost two debates to me in 2020,” he said. “Since then, he hasn’t shown up for a debate. Now he’s acting like he wants to debate me again. Well, make my day, pal.”

In an accompanying video, Biden reiterated his challenge, adding, “I hear you’re free on Wednesdays,” a reference to Trump’s ongoing hush money case in New York, which is off on Wednesdays.

Trump responded on Truth Social, writing, “Crooked Joe Biden is the WORST debater I have ever faced – He can’t put two sentences together!”

“Crooked is also the WORST President in the history of the United States, by far,” the presumptive Republican nominee said. “It’s time for a debate so that he can explain to the American People his highly destructive Open Border Policy, new and ridiculous EV Mandates, the allowance of Crushing Inflation, High Taxes, and his really WEAK Foreign Policy, which is allowing the World to ‘Catch on Fire.’

“I am Ready and Willing to Debate Crooked Joe at the two proposed times in June and September,” the post continued. “I would strongly recommend more than two debates and, for excitement purposes, a very large venue, although Biden is supposedly afraid of crowds — That’s only because he doesn’t get them.

“Just tell me when, I’ll be there. ‘Let’s get ready to Rumble!!!'” he concluded.

Biden quickly shot back with another tweet, writing, “I’ve received and accepted an invitation from @CNN for a debate on June 27th. Over to you, Donald. As you said: anywhere, any time, any place.”

Trump confirmed his participation, telling Fox News that the “proposed June and early September dates are fully acceptable to me,” adding, “I will provide my own transportation.”

“I’m ready to go,” he said. “The dates that they proposed are fine. Anywhere. Anytime. Any place. Let’s see if Joe can make it to the stand-up podium.”

So the scene is set for the rematch of the century, and Trump has been eagerly anticipating this moment.

While the current president seems outwardly enthused about debating his predecessor, one can imagine anxiety levels are high within Biden’s camp as the events draw closer.

However, if there have to be debates, the Biden team has ensured they will be done on their terms. Every condition put forth is strategically crafted to present Biden in the best light. Having the debates hosted by a major television network instead of the nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates increases the likelihood of a friendly moderator.

Additionally, the stipulation of no live audience accomplishes two potential benefits for Biden. It eliminates distractions that could disrupt the aging president’s flow, and it deprives Trump of the energy and reactions of a boisterous crowd, which he thrives on. The provision for muting microphones benefits Biden for the same reason.

But it looks like Trump is raring to go, regardless of the conditions.

It’s a big gamble on Biden’s part, but given his shrinking poll numbers, his team seems to have decided he has to take it.

Subscribe to Stand with Trump!

Don’t miss out on the latest issues. Sign up now to get access to the library of members-only issues.
jamie@example.com
Subscribe