11 Suspects Captured After Terror Attack in Russia, Putin Says They Were Fleeing to Ukraine

11 Suspects Captured After Terror Attack in Russia, Putin Says They Were Fleeing to Ukraine

In a recent development in Krasnogorsk, a suburb of Moscow, Russia has apprehended 11 individuals in relation to a devastating terrorist act that occurred at Crocus City Hall on Friday night.

During a broadcasted address, Russian President Vladimir Putin revealed that the detention includes the four gunmen allegedly responsible for the attack, which Reuters described as a “shooting massacre.”

Putin disclosed, “They tried to hide and moved towards Ukraine, where, according to preliminary data, a window was prepared for them on the Ukrainian side to cross the state border.”

To date, no evidence linking the accused to Ukraine has been presented by either Putin or the FSB, Russia's security agency. This accusation comes despite Russia's ongoing military actions in Ukraine, initiated just over two years ago.

Putin vowed retribution against those involved in the incident, stating, “All the perpetrators, organisers and those who ordered this crime will be justly and inevitably punished. Whoever they are, whoever is guiding them,” according to Reuters. He further emphasized the commitment to track and penalize all associated with the act of terror against Russia and its citizens.

The FSB also mentioned that the suspects had ties to Ukraine. However, Andriy Yusov, a spokesperson for Ukrainian military intelligence, dismissed this claim as a fabrication by the Russian special services to Reuters, asserting, “Ukraine was of course not involved in this terror attack. Ukraine is defending its sovereignty from Russian invaders, liberating its own territory and is fighting with the occupiers’ army and military targets, not civilians.”

Another Ukrainian official labeled the allegations of Ukrainian involvement as "absurd," as reported by the BBC.

An uncorroborated online statement indicated the Islamic State's responsibility for the attack. Corroborating this, a U.S. official, who preferred to remain anonymous, informed Reuters that the United States had evidence supporting Islamic State's claim and had previously alerted Moscow about the potential threat.

The Islamic State group also released an image of four individuals it claimed were the attackers.

According to Russia's Investigative Committee, the tragic event resulted in 133 fatalities, a number which the local governor anticipates will significantly increase as the investigation progresses. The attack also saw the concert hall's roof consumed by flames, initiated by the assailants who reportedly carried gasoline inside the venue.

The exact number of casualties from gunfire versus those who perished in the fire remains unclear. Reports suggest a heartrending scene where many victims, including mothers clutching their children, were discovered.

The Guardian reports that the attack left at least 145 people injured, with 16 in critical condition.

In memory of the victims, Putin has designated Sunday as a day of mourning.

Subscribe to Conservative Patriots

Don’t miss out on the latest issues. Sign up now to get access to the library of members-only issues.
jamie@example.com
Subscribe