Savannah Guthrie Issues Emotional Appeal as Search for Missing Mother Intensifies

“Today” show co-anchor Savannah Guthrie is once again speaking out, releasing an emotional video message as the search for her 84-year-old mother, Nancy Guthrie, stretches into its third week.

In a direct appeal shared Sunday on social media, Guthrie addressed anyone who may know where her mother is — or may be responsible for her disappearance — urging them to come forward. Her message was one of faith, hope, and moral accountability.

“It’s been two weeks since our mom was taken, and I just wanted to come on and say that we still have hope, and we still believe,” she said. “I wanted to say to whoever has her, or knows where she is, that it’s never too late. And you’re not lost or alone, and it is never too late to do the right thing, and we are here.”

“We believe in the essential goodness of every human being, and it’s never too late,” she added.

Nancy Guthrie was last seen on the evening of January 31 outside her home near Tucson after being dropped off by a family member. When she failed to appear at a scheduled engagement the next day, concerned friends contacted authorities, triggering an urgent investigation.

Since then, federal and local law enforcement have classified the case as a criminal matter.

Key Evidence Under Review

The investigation took a significant turn following reports from the FBI about a glove discovered roughly two miles from Nancy’s home. Authorities believe the glove may match one worn by a masked, armed suspect seen outside her front door the morning she vanished.

The Pima County Sheriff’s Department has sent the glove to a private laboratory in Florida for DNA testing. According to the Associated Press, preliminary results have been received, but officials are still awaiting formal confirmation.

The FBI has described the suspect as a man of average build, standing between 5’9″ and 5’10” tall. He was reportedly carrying a black “Ozark Trail Hiker Pack” backpack, approximately 25 liters in size.

Investigators from the FBI and the Pima County Sheriff’s Department have continued canvassing neighborhoods, executing search warrants, and pursuing active leads. Despite the sustained law enforcement presence, no arrests have been announced and no primary suspect has been publicly identified.

Law Enforcement: “We Won’t Quit”

Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos has made clear that authorities are fully committed to bringing Nancy home and holding those responsible accountable.

“Maybe it’s an hour from now,” Nanos said Friday. “Maybe it’s weeks or months or years from now. But we won’t quit. We’re going to find Nancy. We’re going to find this guy.”

In comments to Fox News reported by The New York Post, Nanos emphasized that residents should expect a continued visible police presence as investigators pursue every viable lead.

“Every day moving forward, there will be a lot of police activity throughout the community. As to what level of activity that is depends on what lead they chase and how it develops,” Nanos said.

He further explained how the process works behind the scenes:

“These leads start in the command post and move to the field as needed. That is one reason you’re seeing activity build up as the day goes on that can ultimately lead to a search warrant looking for Nancy and any suspect involved,” he said.

Family Remains Hopeful

Savannah Guthrie has remained off-air since her mother’s disappearance, choosing instead to focus on supporting the search and urging public cooperation. She has repeatedly asked for anyone with information to contact law enforcement.

The FBI has offered a $100,000 reward for information leading to Nancy Guthrie’s safe return or the arrest of those responsible.

As the investigation continues, authorities say they are committed to exhausting every avenue — and the family continues to cling to hope.

Subscribe to Lib Fails

Don’t miss out on the latest issues. Sign up now to get access to the library of members-only issues.
jamie@example.com
Subscribe