Police Officer Executed After Stopping to Help Motorist

Police Officer Executed After Stopping to Help Motorist

Early Friday morning, a New Mexico state police officer stopped on Interstate 40 to assist a motorist with a flat tire, a decision that tragically cost him his life.

On Sunday morning, the individual suspected of killing Officer Justin Hare was apprehended following a foot chase in Albuquerque, as reported by KOB-TV. However, Officer Hare's death may not be the suspect's only alleged crime.

According to KVII-TV in Amarillo, Texas, the suspect was driving a white BMW registered to Phonesia Machado-Fore, a paramedic from Marion County, South Carolina, who was reported missing on Thursday. Tragically, Machado-Fore's body was discovered on Friday evening, and the suspect, identified as Jaremy Alexander Smith, 33, is considered a "person of interest" in her death.

The timeline reveals that Machado-Fore's body was found after Officer Hare's fatal encounter with Smith.

New Mexico state police indicated that Officer Hare had responded to a call around 5 a.m. reporting a motorist with a flat tire attempting to seek assistance, according to KRQE-TV in Albuquerque. When Hare arrived, he offered Smith, the motorist from Marion, South Carolina, a ride to get help.

Unfortunately, Smith allegedly shot Officer Hare twice in the chest, as reported by KVII. Although the officer was initially found alive and rushed to a nearby hospital in Tucumcari, he was pronounced dead at 7:21 a.m.

Nearly 24 hours later, a gas station clerk in Albuquerque spotted a man resembling Smith and alerted the authorities, according to KVII. Upon the arrival of Bernalillo County deputies, Smith fled, leading to a foot pursuit during which shots were fired.

Smith sustained undisclosed injuries from the gunfire but was eventually apprehended.

Bernalillo County Sheriff John Allen confirmed that Smith is receiving medical treatment under guard at a hospital, as stated by KVII.

New Mexico State Police Chief Troy Weisler expressed confidence in Smith's apprehension, thanking the community and law enforcement partners for their assistance, as reported by KVII.

Officer Hare, survived by his parents, girlfriend, and two young children according to KRQE, was 35 years old, as noted by CBS News.

Prior to Smith's capture, Chief Weisler condemned the circumstances of Officer Hare's death, expressing disgust at how the officer's final act of offering assistance was met with violence.

"I am disgusted and sickened by the actions of this cold-blooded murderer," Chief Weisler said, vowing to pursue justice relentlessly.

Subscribe to Stand with Trump!

Don’t miss out on the latest issues. Sign up now to get access to the library of members-only issues.